Hey everyone, John here. I wanted to take a minute to discuss our plans for BEACN in 2022. While we're really proud of BEACN Mic, BEACN Mix, and BEACN Mix Create, we're already thinking of ways to enhance those products to make them even better this year.
Our 2022 Priorities
- MUSIC VOD CHANNEL
- One feature that is missing from all-in-one device audio solutions for streamers is the ability to put your music on a separate track and control it independently. We have a solution and plan on prioritizing it shortly after launch.
- OBS INTEGRATION
- One feature we think could be incredibly powerful is the ability to control OBS audio sources directly from your BEACN Mix Create (and maybe even BEACN Mix, stay tuned)! Thanks to BEACN Mix Create's knob paging feature and a screen that reflects information instantly, OBS integration can really shake up how content creators control their audio for their streams.
- VST SUPPORT
- It's no secret that VST support has become a great feature for content creators who aren't using BEACN Mic. While our priority at launch was to make BEACN Mic and BEACN Mix Create a seamless experience, we plan on making BEACN Mix Create a more powerful companion for those without a BEACN Mic post-launch.
- DRAG AND DROP INTERFACE
- The BEACN Mix drag and drop interface is a game changer. We want to bring that to BEACN Mix Create as well.
- DEFAULT DEVICES PAGE
- Let's face it, default devices in Windows can't be trusted. After app updates, Windows updates, and new peripherals get plugged in, there's no telling how Windows is going to react. We've got a really great idea to help with this in our app. We don't want to share too much just yet, though!
- SHOW PERSONAL LISTENING DEVICE ON SCREEN
- We designed the screen on BEACN Mix and BEACN Mix Create to be able to grow and add more information as the platform matures. While switching between your headphones and speakers is easy as ever with BEACN Mix and BEACN Mix Create, knowing which device you're actively listening to is not.
- OTHER FEATURES
- The one feature that you may notice is missing from this list is platform support for macOS and/or Linux. We have every intention of supporting macOS, but aren't quite ready to fully commit to a timeline.
YOU SHOULD KNOW...
Sharing feature calendars is scary. We never know what obstacles come up, what features take more time than we thought to develop, and what great ideas the community comes up with that may take priority. That being said, we want to start 2022 with transparency and good intention.
2022 is going to be an incredible year for BEACN. We feel so excited about the new features we'll be bringing to you in 2022.